Volusia Virtual School
Volusia County offers students both virtual and blended learning environments that:
- give students freedom to learn in their own time, in their own space;
- provide flexibility and immediate feedback;
- customize courses for an individualized learning path;
- contribute to the development of time management, self-discipline, and problem-solving;
- prepare students for end-of-course exams, FCAT, Advanced Placement exams, SAT, ACT, and online graduation requirement; and,
- provide instruction with highly qualified Volusia County teachers who are certified by the State of Florida.
FLVS (Florida Virtual School)
Courses are delivered over the Internet. To assure student success with virtual learning, a variety of web-based, technology-based and traditional resources are provided. Teachers communicate with students and parents on a regular basis via phone, email, online chats, instant messaging, and discussion forums.
Learn more about Florida Virtual School or visit their website at www.flvs.net
Why choose Dual Enrollment?
- College courses and textbooks are free to public school students
- Earn free college credits while still in high school and save money.
Requirements for Dual Enrollment
- Must have completed one high school course
- Unweighted HS GPA of 3.0 (does not apply to Homeschool) and passing score ACT, SAT or PERT tests
- Vocational credit programs require unweighted HS GPA of 2.0 and passing score on TABE test and must intend on completling the entire vocational certificate program
- Home-schooled students must be registred with the school district as a home-schooled student, complete an home school affadavit, and sign a home-schooled articulation agreement
For questions, speak with our Guidance department. For DSC dual enrollment information, call 386.506.3661 or email [email protected]