In partnership with Volusia County Schools, Daytona Beach Sail and Power Squadron (DBSPS) announced the winners of a high school poster contest in support of National Safe Boating Week, May 20-26. Students enrolled in high school digital media/multimedia programs created posters for the contest featuring the themes of boater safety and wear your life jackets. The 2017 winners are:
- 1st Place: Nicholas Keone, 11th Grade, Seabreeze High
- 2nd Place: Sarah Dakdouk, 10th Grade, Seabreeze High
- 3rd Place: Brianna Allen, 10th Grade, Seabreeze High
- Most Technical: David Lin, 9th Grade, Deltona High
- Most Creative: Alexa Montalvo Simmons, 12th Grade, Seabreeze High
- Most Artistic: Jade Garves, 12th Grade, Seabreeze High
Selected posters will be displayed in various local and national venues during May in support of National Safe Boating Week and have been submitted for national boating publications.