When trying to communicate with our Guidance office, please refer to this flyer for your specific Guidance Counselor.
We have a special counselor, Ms. Gwen Coy, dedicated to college and careers. Student will use the college and career section for planning and implementing a comprehensive college and career readiness plan. The goal is to ensure all students graduate from high school with a post-secondary plan. Click here to unlock all your college and career information.
Academic Integrity Policy
Seabreeze Sandcrabs are held to high ethical standards in our pursuit of academic achievement. As a student of Seabreeze High School, I understand that academic dishonesty defeats the purpose of education. Cheating, plagiarism, stealing, and lying are neither acceptable nor tolerated. Every task and accomplishment will be a true reflection of my effort.
Please check the What’s My School Link before requesting enrollment to Seabreeze High School to locate your legally zoned school.
(To Include: Private, Out of State/County, Public
(from VCS Public school)
Dual Enrollment Information Night for Summer/Fall 2021 is March 10. Sign up using the form at the bottom of the Dual Enrollment area.
Dual Enrollment Requirements:
- College Credit programs require a minimum of a 3.0 unweighted high school GPA and qualifying test scores.
- Vocational programs require a minimum 2.0 cumulative, unweighted high school GPA, and qualifying test scores.
Under the New Students section follow the list to get started with the dual enrollment process.
Under the Returning Students section follow the list to get continue as a dual enrolled student.
If there are any questions, there are resource links at the bottom of the page. Please make your choices early as the new process is time consuming due to COVID-19. If you have any questions, please feel free to email your school counselor or Ms. Coy.
114 (Intermediate Algebra)
123 (College Algebra)
Textbook Checkout- Please review this document for information regarding textbook checkout
Textbook Return Due Now
Note-- Dual Enrollment textbooks are loaned to you just like school textbooks and are the property of Volusia County Schools. You check out and return your DSC books in the media center during normal school hours (8:15-3:45).
- Check out DSC bookstore website for the books you need for your classes: https://www.bkstr.com/daytonastatedaytonastore/home
- Search for the books you need using your DSC ID number.
- Make a list or take a screenshot of what you need. This will help to ensure you receive the materials you need to be successful in your classes.
- Come to the media center during school hours with your DSC ID number.
- We check out the books to you just like any other textbook. If we do not have the book, we will check to see if another school has the book and request a transfer for you.
- If you need a book that we do not have or if it is an eBook access code that you need, you will receive a voucher (charged to SHS) to take to the DSC bookstore. A voucher is used like cash at the DSC bookstore to purchase the designated book.
- Return the receipt with the yellow copy of the voucher to the media center before the course completion. (Anything purchased with a voucher is the property of Volusia County Schools and must be returned to the media center at the end of the course or you will be charged).
- All books are due within 1 week of the course ending.
- Single use access codes DO NOT NEED to be returned.
Note-- VCS Policy states… if you do not return materials within 1 week of the end of the course or as soon as the school is open if the course ends in the summer or during a break, you will be charged for them. If the media center is closed, please hold the materials until the media center is open and only leave with Ms. Danese or Mrs. Franklin.
NO ADDITIONAL DUAL ENROLLMENT TEXTBOOKS WILL BE ISSUED TO YOU UNTIL YOU RETURN THE BOOKS OR CLEAR THE OBLIGATION.
DSC Dual Enrollment Info Sign up
Note: Fields marked with an * are required.
In order to request make up work due to a lengthy absence of 3 or more days, the most direct and expedient method is to contact your student’s teachers directly by email. Teachers’ email addresses can be located on the CONTACT tab.
If you are unable to make contact by this method, you may call the Guidance Office at 386-258-4674 ext. 54606. Please allow two (2) business days for the work to be collected from the teachers.
You may want to call the Guidance Office to be sure the work has been collected before you make a trip to pick it up at the Guidance secretary’s desk.
For further assistance, please contact your student’s counselor. Counselors’ extensions may be located on the Seabreeze website under the CONTACT tab. You can also call ext. 54606 and the guidance secretary will connect you to the appropriate counselor.
2021 Student Schedules visible in VPortal (GradeBook) as of Wednesday, August 26
Scheduling conflicts will be reviewed, prioritized (by graduation requirements), and addressed by our guidance office. You will be notified by email (vcs2go) via Outlook in VPortal of a change or a counselor will request an appointment and notify your teacher with a pass.
Please only submit this form if the issue is a conflict that is addressed on the Issues/Conflicts Form. Additional scheduling requests will be addressed at a later date.
We appreciate your patience as COVID has prevented us from hosting orientations, releasing preliminary schedules, and addressing scheduling issues sooner. Please be assured, your guidance team is working as quickly as possible to address your conflicts and concerns. As school counselors are working as a team, please email the GUIDANCE TEAMS mailbox, found on the seabreezehigh.org homepage as needed. We are all dedicated to helping you succeed with your courses and goals this year.
Cooperative Education- OJT
Concurrently, the student is to be paid, supervised part-time employment as a means of gaining experience in the work environment.
VOLUSIA ONLINE LEARNING *PART-TIME 6-12
VOL Part-Time is available during the school year and a student can simultaneously enroll as a part time student with VOL and still be enrolled as a Seabreeze student. This combination offers online electives and other course options that may not be available or conflict with their face-to-face high school class schedule.
- VOL offers part-time opportunities to students in grades 6-12
- VOL part-time program is open to all Volusia County students including registered home education students, students attending private and charter schools, and students that reside outside of Volusia County
- VOL part-time program offers all core subject courses and many electives. Please see our Course Catalog for a complete list
- VOL courses are offered in multiple platforms to allow students the choice of platform that works best for them
- VOL courses are accessible to students 24/7 for maximum flexibility
- VOL has an open enrollment system which allows students to add courses throughout the school year
- VOL uses highly qualified Volusia County School teachers to provide personalized instruction and one on one support to our students
VOL teachers are available with flexible hours to meet with students virtually or at the student’s zoned school
Complete both steps below to start the process:
- Click here to have Seabreeze HS ADD a virtual class to your schedule next year (Available July 15)
- Click here to APPLY to VOL for the course you have chosen
For transcripts up to 4 graduating years prior: Email [email protected] You must put "TRANSCRIPTS" in the subject field or it will not be sent
- your name
- alpha code if you know it
- year graduated
- if it needs to go to you or a school, include the school name and address
For transcripts over 5 graduation years visit https://www.vcsedu.org/records-management/transcripts
All transcripts include the following information on them:
- General Student information
- Immunization information
- Academic History
- Diploma Type
- Total Credits
- Class/State Rank
- Test Scores
*PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL REQUESTS REQUIRE TWO (2) BUSINESS DAYS TO PROCESS
You will email the Registrar with:
- your student’s name
- date of birth
- alpha code if you know it
- date to withdraw
- school they will be going to
- a copy of your photo ID
You will be contacted to finish the withdrawal. If you prefer to come to the office to do so, you will need the same information and ID.
Office hours during the school year are Monday-Friday 8:30am-3:00pm for withdrawals.
Any student trying to earn and record volunteer hours for any event must be certified through the lunch period volunteer class. Mrs. Debra Tully, guidance counselor, conducts a class the first Tuesday of each month. The class is only one lunch period. Sign up in Guidance to attend the next class.
Your hours will be recorded on the Youth Volunteer Hours Sheet. In addition to recording hours on an individualized sheet above, there is an informational form the sponsoring organization (non-SHS) must fill out. For each new organization a student volunteers, they should have the organization or business fill out the Youth Volunteer Information Form. It must be signed by the organization's contact person. They can be obtained in Guidance at any time.
Volunteer events will be posted on this webpage, displayed in guidance, and announcements will be made on our daily public address system.
VolunteerMatch is an effective way for to students to match with online volunteer activities. They will match students with people who are passionate about and committed to help.
Students please visit https://www.volunteermatch.org/ to find online volunteer opportunities. Volunteer hours are still being required for the Bright Futures Scholarship.